We endeavor to:
• Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
• Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
• Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
• Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
• Increase employee awareness and training.
• We minimise the use of paper in the office.
• We reduce packaging as much as possible.
• We seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
• We reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
• We evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
• We evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
• We evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
• We favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
• We reuse and recycle everything we can.
Maintenance and Cleaning
• Cleaning materials used are as environmentally friendly as possible.
• Materials used in office refurbishment are as environmentally friendly as possible.
• We only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
• We involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment.
• We update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff.
• We provide staff with relevant environmental training.
• We work with suppliers and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
• We use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community
Energy & Water
• We seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
• Lights and electrical equipment are switched off when not in use.
• Heating is adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
• We reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
• We promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
• We make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport.
• We favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
Monitoring & Improvement
• We comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
• We continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
• We continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
• We incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
• We increase employee awareness through training.
• We review this policy and any related business issues regularly.