See how Birmingham Telecom are committed helping the environment
Birmingham Telecommunications Limited recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements.
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same. All of our employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure we meet the aims and objectives of the policy.
We endeavor to:
• Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
• Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
• Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
• Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
• Increase employee awareness and training.
• We minimise the use of paper in the office.
• We reduce packaging as much as possible.
• We seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
• We reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
• We evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
• We evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
• We evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
• We favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
• We reuse and recycle everything we can.
Maintenance and Cleaning
• Cleaning materials used are as environmentally friendly as possible.
• Materials used in office refurbishment are as environmentally friendly as possible.
• We only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
• We involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment.
• We update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff.
• We provide staff with relevant environmental training.
• We work with suppliers and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
• We use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community
Energy & Water
• We seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
• Lights and electrical equipment are switched off when not in use.
• Heating is adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
• We reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
• We promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
• We make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport.
• We favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
Monitoring & Improvement
• We comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
• We continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
• We continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
• We incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
• We increase employee awareness through training.
• We review this policy and any related business issues regularly.